Saturday, May 24, 2014

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW ... OOOPS, NO I CAN'T

The weather is always a surprise for me when it comes to workdays.

Today, for example, I think it is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's.  I trudge through my day believing that the world is having more fun in the sun than I ever will.

Fail.

At 2:30 when I attempt to leave the building, it is raining, Because I work inside the plywood tomb, I assume (as I always do) that it must be sunny and beautiful outside (and I must be missing out).  Today, though, it's chilly, rainy, and downright raw. Worse than the sucky weather comes the knowledge that this is the beginning of a long-weekend.

Thanks, Mother Nature, you bitch.  I finally get a chance to go outside, and you have to shit all over it.

I hear Monday is supposed to be nice again.  Well, I fooled you, Mother Nature.  I don't even have to work on Monday.  In your face!

The funny part is that when I finally get windows in my classroom again (or, I should say, when I finally move into a crappy old school for a year that actually does have windows) I bet I'm going to miss this daily game of Weather Peek-a-Boo .... Eh.  Probably not.

Here's to the weekend.  Let it rain, for all I care -- I get to be away from plywood walls for a few hours.  That's really all that matters, anyway.