Saturday, October 12, 2013

POST-MEETING MUSING

So, I survived yesterday's meetings.

In the morning there were three meetings running simultaneously.  Our meeting was the only one missing food and drink as both other meetings had coffee, bagels, etc.  By 9:00 we had finished the work that was supposed to take us through to 10:30, but we had to dick around when the bosses came to sit in on our meeting.

The second meeting started at 10:45 and had two (out of six) people who were totally unclear on the concept of what we were doing.  No matter how many times and ways we explained it, we couldn't make them understand, so we finally just barreled through, damn the torpedoes ... and the people unclear on the concept.  Some of us wanted to eat lunch before the last round of meetings.

The afternoon session was a throwback to some paperwork we had to do two weeks ago.  Mine was already 75% done.  The meeting started at 12:30; my work was complete by 1:00.  I consulted with others, met three times with one of the bosses to make sure I was filling everything out properly, and basically busted my ass on the packet we were handed regarding our evaluations.

Finally I pulled the vice principal aside and asked him with whom was I supposed to be meeting to discuss the work I put together? 

He opened his laptop, pulled up the list, and smiled when he said, "Oh, you're still on the old plan.  You don't even have to do this work for another twelve months."

Say, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I just sat here for two and a half hours, yawned my butt off,  wrote until my hand cramped, and sprinkled in my best imitation bullshit big words and bigger sentences mentality, and now you're telling me I didn't even have to do that shit?

I started laughing.  Life is like that some times.  But, next year when they ask for my paperwork, I've got it all done and ready (if I don't misplace it before then).