Sunday, October 20, 2013

HERE COMES ANOTHER BRIDE

Today my daughter is getting married.  She is marrying one of my former students, which is a little creepy unless I clarify that he was my student in the spring of 1999 when I taught middle school. 

My daughter is following her older brother down the aisle, separated by a mere six weeks.  I have jokingly referred to this as The Autumn When My Kids Tried To Kill Me.  In truth, these two weddings, though close in proximity, have been relatively seamless, painless, and stress-free.  Also in truth, it shouldn't a big surprise that my kids planned weddings soon after the other.  After all, they are separated in age by less than two years. 

Most of all, my kids have chosen great matches, great life partners, and great people to call their spouses.  Very proud.  Very happy.  

And I just want to remind their spouses, especially on this auspicious occasion, that there is a strict and enforceable NO RETURN policy on them.  You picked 'em; they're yours now.