Saturday, September 21, 2013

WHAT A WEEK



What a week.

It started with a co-worker coming completely unglued and accusing my teammates and me of spying on her, and it ended with a new door.

That's right.  New door.

I like the new door so much that I might have my daughter stand outside in front of it to have her wedding photos taken rather than inside in my teeny tiny living room.  Besides, I still have to bleach out or paint over the ice jam stains in the living ceiling, and only then will I be good to go.  If she stands in front of the door, problem solved.

But, oh, the new door. 

I've waited months for this door to arrive and for the door jamb to be repaired.  I've had plastic taped to the outside because the kitchen would flood every time it rained really hard.  Small animals and rodents could've fit under and climbed into the house with me.  (They didn't.  But they could've, and that's what counts.)

This past week has been full of clarity.  It became clear to me that my co-worker is unstable when it all started with accusations of counter-intelligence.  It all ended with a window-topped door that makes the whole world crystal clear.

What a week.