Monday, September 9, 2013

SLEEP - THE LOST COMMODITY

I started writing today's blog post, but I have to tell ya: I'm bloody exhausted. 

My eldest child got married Saturday, and it was the best day.  Now that my company has left, the youngest is back to college, the tuxes have been returned, the dress is put aside for the dry cleaner, the food is put away, the laundry is done, and the beds are made, I am suddenly in shut-down mode.

No, that's not it.

I am in relaxation mode.  I feel like I just came from a two-hour massage... except for the bruised fifth metatarsal bone I got when messing up the Hora and getting my foot in the way of people who knew exactly what they were doing.  I'll wear the red and blue mark like a badge of honor until it fades; it's worth every silly misstep I made and actually matches the dress I wore to the event.  It's all good. 

So if you folks don't mind, I'm going to do something I hardly ever do and be serious for a moment.

I'd like to wish my oldest child and his beautiful wife a long and happy and fabulous life together.  I am thrilled to have this wonderful new daughter in my life (and my daughter is equally thrilled to have a sister --- finally --- and I didn't feel one labor pain to accomplish it).  You are both blessings to our families.

With that, my good readers, I will bid you adieu for the evening (even though you're probably reading this in the morning).  I'm going to do something I haven't done fully in about a month: Sleep.  Cheers!