Friday, September 27, 2013

PAPER-WEIGHTS



I keep trying to correct papers at home.  I don't know what the hell I am thinking!  I have my own homework to do, wedding favors to help with, books that need to be read by next week, and a Spanish test to study for.  All of these things are manageable and even fun except for the correcting part.

So I have decided not to correct the stacks I brought home with me.  I'll work on them tomorrow morning at school, but then that's it.  

Friday includes my daughter's dress fitting and a few women coming by to work on favors and have a relaxing evening.  Saturday there's a lacrosse parents' meeting and then my high school reunion.  Sunday is an all-day lacrosse jamboree that my son's team is hosting.  Somewhere in there I have to finish my reading for this week, write a journal, and post some stuff on the class site.

There is not one single thing on that list that I am willing to sacrifice for papers that need to be corrected.

Look, I like my students, but I love my friends and family, so sorry but those papers you've been waiting for will just have to wait another day or two.  Those paragraphs you wrote aren't going anywhere. 

Next week is Back To School Night.  I promise I'll be organized and ready before then, but please give me the weekend to show my family some love.  After all, I'm giving you the same opportunity with your family, right?

In the meantime, I'll keep lugging the papers home as if I'll actually have time to look at them.  It's my newest exercise program, and it actually seems to be working.