Sunday, May 19, 2013

GOOD NORMAL DAY = BAD BLOG DAY

Daughter's college graduation was today, and, as truly noteworthy an event that it was, it wasn't blog-worthy.

Thank the gods for small favors.

It went something like this:

I woke up on time, and I had enough time to shower.  I transferred old pics off the memory card and had the camera packed and ready to go in no time.  I packed snacks and a couple of magazines and some puzzles for the long day of college commencement activities.  My daughter and her fiance arrived at my house on time.  We hit no traffic on the way to the school.  The parking lot was less than half-full, and we had our pick of spaces.  Everything was inside a giant tent even though the weather was perfect -- sunny, high 60's, light breeze.  We had our choice of seats.  The people sitting around us were friendly and interesting.  The tiny infant sitting near us didn't make a sound yet was awake through the ceremony.  The nursing students graduated first but had to hang around for the pinning ceremony, but more than half the graduates listed on the program never showed (certificate programs, graduated earlier in the year, etc.) so everything sailed along.  The pinning ceremony took place right there on the same stage, and we all got to move forward to take the best seats.  Tons of pictures were taken, and I even looked decent in most of them.  All three of my kids were together, and we all went out to a nice lunch afterward.  We even stopped at the MSPCA to look at adoptable animals.  We were thrilled to find multiple cats who needed good homes and at least six dogs that weren't pit bulls (or larger) and might even fit inside my tiny house if I were so inclined.

In other words, nothing happened.  Everything happened but nothing happened.

It was an absolutely perfect day.

I know how few and far between these are, so I'll shut my mouth and take it.

Amen.