Friday, March 15, 2013

WITHDRAWAL IS AN UGLY THING

The Internet keeps going down.

Not the telephone, of course.  Telemarketers and survery-takers can continue to harrass me.  And not the cable television, so I can continue to watch marathon episodes of NCIS or the Bruins game, whichever seems bloodier.  NCIS was winning until the B's scored another goal then had another waved off.  Now NESN is winning.

I am madly trying to uplaod photos to the lacrosse website, but the Internet refuses to cooperate.  Honestly, what is the issue?  I continue to be frustrated and pissy about the general state of Cyberland when I suddenly realize how dependent I have become on having the Internet available, quite literally, at my fingertips. 

Or, at least, it was available until I actually tried to use it for something important.

So this entry is going to be brief, or, as we say in Boston, wicked short (wickit shot), because I am wicked pissed off that the photos are all locked and loaded on the computer that is connected to the modem, which apparently refuses to channel the Net.  I am able, though, to post this rant because the normally finicky wireless Internet is cooperating.

I guess I'll have to return to the land of the non-connected.  Maybe pay some bills.  Maybe read a magazine.  Maybe just enjoy the quiet as it appears the Bruins will win.  Oh, who am I kidding?  As soon as the game ends, I'm probably going to bed like the little old lady I've become.

But first, I'm going to go kick and scream at the modem a few more times. 

Withdrawal is an ugly thing.