Saturday, March 9, 2013

KARMA AND MOTHER NATURE: TWIN BITCHES



Karma is a bitch; I love karma for that.

Thursday someone was unflinchingly snarky and cruel to a friend of mine.  This certain someone needed my friend's cooperation to pull off an important work presentation on Friday.  After screaming at my pal in front of others, minors no less, this certain someone thought she had the upper hand. 

All she did was embarrass herself.

Well, that's not entirely true.  She pissed off karma and Mother Nature, as well. 

You see, Friday our minor snowfall of two to four inches turned into a major Nor'easter, dumping twelve to eighteen inches of snow on our immediate area.  The snow totals made our region look suspiciously like a target, as if Mother Nature suddenly grew really pissed off at something and let us have it with both barrels.

It was awesome.

Sure, it sucked that I had to shovel, but the extra two hours of sleep I got after the day (and the infamous presentation) got canceled was totally worth it.  I sent my friend an email saying:  "Karma is a bitch.  Screw her!"  While I was clicking send, she was doing the exact same thing.  Our matching emails crossed paths in cyberspace, waved to each other, and continued on their merry way.

Karma and Mother Nature are two crazy bitches, and you shouldn't mess with either one.

Lest you believe I got off scot-free (which has nothing to do with Dred Scott nor the Scots), that couldn't be further from the truth.  Karma and Mother Nature both bit my ass today, too. 

My landlords sometime help clear the snow from the driveways, including mine, but more often than not, I do it myself.  For the last couple of years, the landlords have had a snow blower to help out, and they've been very generous in clearing most of the area.  Oh, sure, some could say it's their job, and that's true to a point, but my landlords totally rock and have been really good to me, so the least thing I can do is haul my own garbage to the curb once a week and shovel some snow when it falls.

During the last big snow storm, the blizzard two weeks ago, their snow blower was in the shop, so we were all out there helping each other and getting ourselves out of the mountains of white crap.  Friday, though, they got the phone call -- The snow blower was repaired and ready.  The only problem:  All of the vehicles to go and pick it up were snowed in … and had to be shoveled out.  We shoveled again, a storm dumping almost as much snow as the blizzard, a storm that was supposed to be negligible.  I am damn sore from shoveling, yet again.

Karma is a bitch, and Mother Nature has a marvelous sense of the ironic.

But it's all good.  It's completely acceptable because in the end the asshole's presentation tanked.  Not only did it tank, but the weather annihilated it. 

That's what you get for being a bitch to my friend.  That's what you deserve when treat people like they have no value or intelligence.  That's what we call karma.  Bitch.

Don't piss on karma, folks, because if she decides to get her friends involved, you just might find yourselves knee deep in shit … or snow … whichever is more effective at the moment.