Friday, March 22, 2013

MENU FOR ONE



I like it when I have so much extra work to bring home with me that I can't even think about cooking.  It gives me a great excuse to get take-out.  Not that I need an excuse.

Oh, sure, you people probably think Live-Alone Losers order take-out all the time.  Truth is, we can't be seen too many times at the same place or we will totally blow our covers. 

Depot House of Pizza:  Here she comes, the Half Hawaiian Half Pepper and Onion Small Pizza Loser.  Again this week. 

King Subs:  Small chicken cutlet sub with lettuce, tomato, and mayo, coming up for -- Wait, what?  A large chicken cutlet sub?  Hmmmmm, Loser must be having company.

Peking Garden:  Number four come with rice.  Rice come with number four.  (They never judge me to my face.)

Sometimes I change it up so they don't know it's me until I get there.  Recently I ordered a tuna sub from Depot, and today's order was a small pizza that was half cheese and half pepper and onion.  Once I ordered a roast beef sub from Kings instead of my usual.  As for Peking Garden, sometimes I get chicken wings and sometimes I don't, but I always get the pork fried rice.  That's just a damn staple as far as I'm concerned.

I used to frequent Panera until I found a long hair inside my sandwich.  The girl said, "Don't suppose you'd like another, huh?"  No, I don't suppose that I would.  I have gone in for soup since then, but I'm not sure I'll ever eat another sandwich made by them. 

I gave up fast food about a year ago, or, rather, it gave me up.  I used to hit Burger King every once in a while, but now it makes me so sick the following day that I spend most of the time doubled over from stomach pain.  It's just so not worth it.  I cannot even remember the last time I hit a McDonald's or a Wendy's.

I have to post grades this week, which means Friday, so on Thursday I stay late at school.  I don't leave there until close to four-thirty, bringing home so much work with me that I wonder if the backpack can manage the load.  I know I don't have time to make anything, and my eating habits over the last few days are nothing short of pathetic.  This is what causes me to call up and order pizza. 

But I change it up.  You heard me already - I discard the Hawaiian half of the pizza in favor of just cheese.

Totally worth it.

Well, that oughtta keep 'em guessin'.  And now … back to correcting … and some cold pizza.