Tuesday, August 21, 2018

NOT TOO DAMN EARLY

It has been a while since I wrote a poem:
I've been too busy cleaning out my home
And getting ready to go back to work
While shredding files 'til machine goes beserk;
Weeding out junk to make my life lean,
Seeing all the places that aren't very clean,
Chasing dust bunnies across the floor
Then getting back to it and sorting some more;
Going through thousands of paper-filled files,
Dumping everything into separate piles;
Pruning out books that I really don't need
But stopping because now I've something to read;
Thinking I'm done with the clothes in the bags
(Yes, several items were still boasting tags)
Until I open another full drawer
And realize that I can donate some more.
Purging my life is making me crazy -
Prosecco at noon will not make me lazy.