Sunday, August 19, 2018

ALMOST TEA TIME!

In addition to getting my house in order, I have a bunch of school stuff that I brought home for summer organization, plus I have a bunch of school-related stuff that I've siphoned from my home files --  all of which must go to school with me in two weeks.  I keep the ever-growing pile in the den, clearly visible to anyone who opens my front door.  It's organized, though, almost brutally so.  I have been ruthless this summer, and my school files are not unscathed.

The piles going to school are not all business, though.  I've cleared out several old tins and several canisters from Yahtzee games that are intended to "mix up the dice" before players roll the dice onto the table.  We rarely use those containers, so ... BOOM ... into the Maybe Someone Can Use This Shit at Work pile.  I'm also bringing some stuffed animals to school, ones I couldn't bring myself to part with: Scooby Doo, Simba from The Lion King, and a stuffed lizard that is heavy enough to act as a paperweight.

I'm prepping for the back-to-school team meetings, as well.  My team likes to have tea and act civil and civilized.  I am stocking up on important things, like tea and stirrers and sugar packets.  I still need the flavored green teas, napkins, honey, and hot cups.  We used to have tea in the afternoon like Brits, but now our meetings will be first thing in the morning.  This new tea-in-the-morning routine is going to put a huge damper on my daily iced coffees.

Not that I am against being a two-fisted drinker; done it before and will do it again, I'm sure, but two-fisting iced coffee and hot tea may not be the wisest daily combination when I'm already a bit of a whirling dervish.

Time for this whirling dervish to drag everything to school and get myself prepped for a new year.  Thank goodness for my sudden burst of organizational craziness.  Thank goodness for coffee ... and tea ... and more coffee ... and more tea ... and for the girls' bathroom right across the hall from my classroom.