Thursday, August 9, 2018

MUST. STOP. LISTENING.

Must. Stop. Listening. To. Weather. Forecasters.

Another perfectly fine day blown to Hell waiting for the pounding rain that we are told will be happening today.  Sure, it's a little overcast off and on, but the temperature is around ninety degrees, and the humidity is enough to make you wring out your clothing within seconds of being outside.  But, overall, it's not remotely a crappy day at all.

I check the weather app on my phone: Thunderstorms at 7:30 a.m.!  Liars.  I watch the local news: Rain moving in by noon with severe thunderstorms!  Charlatans.

To be a little fair, the western and central parts of the state are suffering.  The thunderstorm front is huge, miles and miles in diameter, and it's totally wasting those parts of New England.  Warnings keep springing up from the television as I'm working (indoors), and I jump pout of my skin every time the loud blare-blare-blare-blare-blare sounds, indicating another warning to cover our asses.

But, it never arrives here.  Maybe later while I'm trying to sleep, but, all day, mostly blue skies and sun.  I don't take a break to sit outside because I'm sorting through years and years of files today.  I mean, it is supposed to suck today, so I'm doing a job that sucks equally.

Apparently, the joke is on me ... again.  Damnit, one of these days I will learn my lesson and just say, "Fuck it, weather channel, I'm going in!"  I'll probably get struck by lightning and die, but at least I won't be sitting at home wasting yet another gorgeous summer day.