Tuesday, August 14, 2018

BAD MEDICAL READING

I have two appointments in the same day.  One is medical and one is dental.

My first appointment is for my annual mammogram.  I am sitting in the waiting room, waiting and waiting and waiting... reading magazines.  All they have for magazines is one magazine for pilots and about fifty medical magazines.  As I wait forty minutes, I go through a lot of the medical magazines, but they are more like medical journals. Each issue is more gruesome than the one before with tales of procedures and disasters and death and horror.

Why on earth they have these out for public reading is a mystery.  It isn't until after I've read the last one that a technician pops her head out and says, "Are you waiting for someone?"  Yes.  YOU.  Ooops.  Seems they lost my paperwork, so I have been waiting and reading for nothing.  So sorry I am making you all late to lunch, but I'm NOT leaving until YOU SQUISH MY BOOBS!

Hmmmmmm. That may not have been exactly the right thing to say when someone you're holding up from lunch is about to put your chest into a vise.

My appointment later is equally annoying; I'm having a permanent crown attached to a tooth.  There is good news, though.  I arrive early, prepared to sit and read more magazines of horror and dental disasters.  Instead, they have real magazines, ones worth reading.  However, it seems these people actually want to get to dinner.  I am in and out of the dentist's chair and back at my car by the exact time of my scheduled appointment.

I guess this means that I've had a semi-successful day in both my reading materials and my bodily materials.  I've also learned two important lessons: Do NOT make two semi-painful appointments for the same day, and bring MY OWN reading material next time.