Monday, May 15, 2017

PUSH-ME-PULL-YOU WEEKEND

My weekend:

Friday   -/+

-  I stay an extra 90 minutes at work to copy; will run out of curriculum time so copies are useless.  Waste time and paper.

+ Find paperwork I am not even supposed to have that the state requires for an audit on our school district.  Just open a drawer for the heck of it, and there it is.  Save the day!


Saturday -/+  

-  Go grocery shopping because I need turkey.  Buy turkey.  Only thing NOT in bags when I get home is turkey.  Suspect the old couple in front of me arguing with cashier over ten-cent coupon took my turkey.  Start tearing bags apart to find receipt and knock an entire shake over onto the table, the chair, the groceries, and the floor.  Have to go back and get more turkey.

+  Have lunch with two gal pals and hit two wine tastings.


Sunday -/+

-   Washer hose (hot water intake) rusts, even though it's a non-rusting hose and less than a year old, and sprays an entire hot water heater worth of water all over the basement.  Takes three mops and about an hour to clean it all up.

+  Two of my three kids are here to rescue me with mops, and the mess is contained pretty much.  We have a lovely breakfast (daughter cooks) and play games, and we get to connect with #1 birth-order son and his family via facetime.

--------------------------

It is a push-me-pull-you sort of weekend, but honestly, if karma could just hold off shitting on me for a while ... I am due to take my car in for some more tests, and I suspect it's going to be catastrophic.  I'm kind of on the edge of the cliff looking over at the moment.  Please, karma, please don't kick me anymore.