Sunday, April 10, 2016

AN APP FOR THAT

I don't have many game apps on my cell phone, but I will admit to three:  Words with Friends, Hanging with Friends, and Solitaire.  I don't need many more than that -- maybe I'll add Sudoku and Crossword apps in the future, but right now, this is fine.

Anyone who has ever been stuck in a never-ending meeting knows how very important these apps are.  They are the silent (if you turn down your volume) saviors that prevent us from falling asleep.  Without these sleep prevention mechanisms, snoring might ensue, which is a sure-fire way to get canned.  I suppose this means that game apps are actually good for job security.

I have also found that these apps are good for insomnia.  No, not curing it -- causing it.  Sometimes I'll stay up way too late just to keep trying ways to solve the daily challenge game.  Oh, but the brain power I gain from the sleep I lose!  (I keep telling myself this.)

Truth is that I don't have many game apps on my phone because I'm really not that good at these games.  I had to stop playing Trivia Crack because I kept forgetting to play when it was my turn, so I would lose all the games.  Sometimes I look at Words or Hanging and see that I haven't made a move in two weeks. 

I'm getting a lot better about playing, not too often yet not too infrequently.  It's a challenge to balance it because, once I start playing, it's kind of fun to spar back and forth with my pals in Cyber Land.

So, here's to all my pals who are willing to play online games with me.  I may forget to play, but I don't forget the players, and, if I do, there's probably an app for that.