Monday, December 14, 2015

SANTA'S WORKSHOP

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  Time to set up Santa's Workshop!

Yeah, the only problem with all of this is that Santa's Workshop is in my den/office, the one room (other than the basement) that is still in a massive "sort mode."  I kick some thing sideways, move some stuff around, set up the card table, refill the tape dispenser, get myself ready to go, and ..

I cannot open the drawer of tags and bags and things because a large container of photos is blocking it.  I try to move the box of photos, but it is wedged in under two other boxes of photos.  How ironic -- Christmas Present is ruined by Christmas Past.

I suppose I should get this place organized so that Christmas Future doesn't have to deal with all of this.

In the meantime, I'll walk around the piles, maneuver in and out of teetering towers of stuff, and continue to wonder how I ever managed to fit in this room when it was my bedroom and I had a full-sized mattress set stuffed in here, as well as using it as Santa's Workshop.  I figure it must be like my waistline: If I give it enough slack, it will gladly and wholeheartedly over-fill the space.

Now, time to move downstairs to the kitchen where the shipping department is located.