Sunday, December 27, 2015

RESTOCKING THE MEDS

Christmas wipes me out; I'm not going to lie.  When I finally fall into bed around midnight, I sleep straight through until 6:30, get up to hit the bathroom, then power-sleep for another three-plus hours.  Yup.  Ten hours.  TEN HOURS.

When I finally do manage to drag myself out of bed, I shower then go on a mission to replenish my supply of acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and good old-fashioned aspirin.  I have $5 in Extra Bucks to CVS, so I head up and search for bargains.

In addition to perusing the pain relief aisle, I decide to see if there are any good post-Christmas sales there, as well.  I am hoping for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but all they have are the Reese's Peanut Butter Bells.  Mentally I understand they are the same as the cups, but I cannot convince myself that cups are bells and bells are cups.  It's just wrong, so I keep moving through the displays.  I do, however, find several things on sale that I think will come in handy for next Christmas: bows, wrapping paper, tissue paper, and holiday cards. 

That's right.  Fresh off the heels of a ten-hour, post-Christmas power-sleep, I am already gearing up for next Christmas.  Of course, I do not survive unscathed.  My back and hip have been tweaking for about a week now, and somehow getting in and out of the car, I manage to completely throw out my right hip (which has been given to nasty bouts of bursitis before).  Other than the fact that I cannot walk more than teeny steps and that the pain is so bad that it makes me nauseous, here's the truly ironic part of all of this:

Although I restock the pain meds, I fail to restock the naproxen.  I'm not going back out now.  I probably wouldn't be able to fold and unfold myself in and out of the car, anyway.

Oh, Christmas, you funny fellow.  You exhaust me, you wipe me out, and now you're beating me up on top of everything else.  If I can only get myself off the couch and up the stairs to bed, I might be able to sleep another ten hours, and if only the naproxen would kick in, and, if it doesn't, thank goodness for the back-up meds I have from my CVS jaunt earlier.