Sunday, March 9, 2014

OOOPSIES -- MY BAD



Oooops. 

My son decides to have a couple of friends over the watch the Bruins game on TV.  The house is relatively clean because earlier in the day my brother and his wife came over, and I couldn't let them walk into this disaster zone.  So, as a result, I have swept, spot-dusted, and cleaned the bathroom.  You know, the important tasks.

But I did not expect my college-aged son to be home for any of the spring break.  His lacrosse team was on a road trip, but he's home for two days before the semester starts up again.  This can only mean one very important thing:

I do not have any food in the house.

When son's two pals come by, I have nothing to offer for drinks -- no soda, very little juice choice, and no bottled waters.  Snacks consist of some crackers and cheese.

So, guests, I apologize profusely for not feeding you.  Or offering you drinks.  I am not the Hostess With the Mostest.  Not this time, anyway, but with a little warning, next time I promise:  Snacks and soda.  I owe ya!