Thursday, March 13, 2014

MILANO GRIGIO



Would you like to know
What goes with Pinot Grigio?
A Pepperidge Farm Milano.

I have been working on a paper all night.  I am writing a profile for my class, so I interviewed my sister, who is incredibly interesting and a remarkably talented singer.  Once I have the notes done and the first draft underway, my eldest stops by for ten minutes between the train arriving at the station across the street and his wife picking him up.  

At some point in this endeavor, I open a small bottle of pinot grigio and pour myself a glass.  A scant glass, but still.

Then I crave a snack, so I go right for the Milanos.  I figure if people can eat chocolate-covered strawberries while sipping wine, certainly I can munch on a Milano cookie without too much agita.

Truth be told, that damn cookie and that damn wine both taste better.  

First draft?  Done.

Even better, a story I was sure I wrote but couldn't find -- well, I finally found it tonight under a misnamed file on my computer.  And, even better, the story is about five pages long.  Score.

Better than that?  A glass of pinot grigio and a Milano cookie to celebrate a finished draft and a found draft. 

Hey, don't judge me.  We should celebrate all victories, regardless of how minute.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to refill me glass and grab another Milano.  Life is good.