Friday, March 14, 2014

I'M STILL STANDING

How can it still be so cold?  Seriously.  We had a winter like this when I was young, and I remember thinking, "March is the worst month."  It was so icy and frigid and blustery that it stayed with me.  I've been convinced ever since that March is, indeed, the suckiest month of all.

Today I wake up to ice and snow and wind.  It snows for a few hours then is so blustery that the wind blows sideways off of snowbanks and rises yards into the air, re-blanketing everything anew. The snow has formed drifts that are six to eight inches deep around one of the cars and all through the walkway.  I'm going to have to shovel.

Shit.

The last thing I said to my shovels just a few days ago was, "I'm done with you!"  Now I have to take that all back.  Thanks, Mother Nature.  Nice payback, bitch. 

It only takes fifteen minutes to shovel because the snow is like light crystals.  It's so damn cold that even the snow is freeze-dried. 

This sucks.  Snow sucks.  Cold air sucks.  March sucks.

I won't surrender yet, Mother Nature.  I'm still standing.  Well, okay, I'm still hunched over shoveling, but that's a form of standing ... right?