Thursday, August 15, 2013

DEATH BY PORTFOLIO-CIDE



Oh my freakin' gawd already, my professor is trying to kill me.

The woman is a dear, a love, a wonderful inspiration to me.  She is sometimes a little scatterbrained, so I totally get her.  I mean, really.  Have you met me?  Do you read my blog?  Scatterbrained is my middle name.  Well, actually Trouble is my middle name.  Not really, but everyone I meet tells me that, so it must hold a really giant grain of truth within it.

I have taken three courses with this professor, and no matter how disorganized I feel the process is while going through it all, I realize the amount of material I walk away with, the ideas and the story starters and the writing methodology, it is phenomenal.  I am still working on a (substantially) longer piece she and her co-teacher started me on last summer. 

I am very excited to have my final portfolio done for her, and it is due on Friday via Cyberspace.  The only problem is she is leaving the university, so her email address has changed.  To what it has changed we do not know because everything keeps coming back as undeliverable.

I throw in the towel and send my portfolio to her university account.  There.  Done again.  Right?

Wrong.
"Can anyone see Heliand's portfolio?  Anyone at all?!"

The effing things bounces back to me AGAIN.  So I try sending it to her other email account from my home account.  That should bypass the university telling me the file is too big (not even sure how that's possible since people email their damn THESES which must each be hundreds of pages long).

Honestly.  Technology is trying to kill me.  My professor is trying to kill me.  Everyone else who has successfully submitted a portfolio already is trying to kill me. 

I am going to crack open my own skull, take my brain out, and fling it against a brick retaining wall pretty damn soon.  But for now, I'll stick to cracking open an icy beer and flinging kaka via continual bitch sessions.

It's a tough job, but I'm up for it.  After all, Perseverance is my middle name, isn't it?