Thursday, June 13, 2013

SERIOUSLY?!



What is it with people?  Seriously. 

I am driving my car home from work, perfectly content to drive the speed limit because I'm actually on time and I haven't been stuck in traffic yet today.  I even made the light coming out of Harold Parker near the state police station, a nearly impossible maneuver by any standards since the light lasts all of five seconds.

I approach a cross street and see three cars:  two are stopped at the stop sign to my right.  The third car, a mini-van with a woman and pre-teen daughter, stops briefly at the stop sign to the left.  Then, just as I approach, the van pulls out at me as I enter the intersection on the right of way. 

I honk, and she slams on her brakes, her daughter's face registering sheer terror as she realizes I damn near killed her at her mother's stupid expense.  Slowly I drive in front of her van, give her The Look, shrug my shoulder, put up my hand, and mouth, "What … the …. HELL …."

And SHE gets pissed at ME.

Honestly?  Honestly, you almost murder the child in your car (hopefully your own and not the spawn of some unsuspecting, trusting other family), I refrain from chucking you the bird, and you think I'm the dink?

Seriously.