Thursday, June 6, 2013

EVEN MY FEET KNOW IT'S TIME



How quickly the body adjusts to 90 degrees.

I am sitting at my kitchen table, trying to create a final test for the novel we are reading in class.  I am wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  (I know. Sexy, right?)  I suddenly realize that my bare feet are frozen solid like ice blocks, but I am too lazy to go upstairs and grab a pair of socks.  
 
I do what any slightly off-kilter person would do:  I plug in the electric heater and crank it high. 

It's probably the New England version of whatever madness ails the Floridians and prevents them from going to the beach if it's under 78 degrees.  I believe up north here it's officially called "Wish-it-were-summer-itis."  (In Florida it's called "Wussification Syndrome.")  Whatever it is called, I apparently have caught it big time because I am completely and totally beach-ready without a free day to get there.

Come on, Summer.  I know you can do it!  I am so ready that even my feet are telling me it's time.