Thursday, December 20, 2018

TOTALLY FESTIVE SELECTION OF MUGS

The decorating is not quite done, the shopping is not quite done, the wrapping is not quite done, and the cleaning is definitely not even close to being done. 

Other than that, Christmas 2018 is under control.  Somewhat.  Sort of.  Mostly.  Possibly.

At least my glassware is ready.  Santa and holiday plates and mugs are all set and ready, although nothing really matches, but it's okay because my holiday spirit is stitched together like an old quilt, anyway.  This whole concept of perfection is overrated. 

Christmas should be kind of messy, kind of disorganized.  Christmas needs to be spontaneous.

In the meantime, though, as I struggle to get myself organized and to the finish line, I will enjoy my tea or hot chocolate in a wonderful holiday-themed ceramic mug.  It's the least I can do since the glassware is the only part of Christmas that is prepped.

Yup, Christmas 2018 is somewhat under control, but if it's not, I'm armed and ready with lots of caffeine and a totally festive selection of mugs.