Friday, December 21, 2018

HEY, LINUS, WHAT'S THE STORY?

Well ... I almost made it.  I'm almost organized for Christmas. 

The decorating isn't quite done; the shopping isn't quite done; the baking isn't quite done; and the cleaning definitely isn't even close to being done.  However, considering that the gas company finally got all of their shit out of here two weeks ago (and my stove still has not been inspected), I guess I'm doing all right.

Tonight is my final day to make lists, and I am pleased to say that I am damn-near done with whatever is going to get done before the big day.  So, I treat myself.  Yup.  I semi-watch a Christmas movie about an ice skater (the plot seems to be horrible),  and then I follow that up with the greatest Christmas television event in the history of Christmas television events:

A Charlie Brown Christmas

I must admit that I am surprised some protest group has not gotten this taken off the air by now due to its religious speech near the end.  Seriously -- Imagine the horror of all those fragile people when they suddenly realize that Christmas is ... gasp ... a religious holiday.  Oh, the humanity!  But, for the time being anyway, this is still one completely untouched piece of Christmas fabulousity.

I've almost made it, and, if Charlie Brown can keep plugging along (and Linus can continue spouting Luke 2:8-14), I can chug along to the finish line as on time and prepared as I can possibly be.