Sunday, December 16, 2018

MATRYOSHKA SHIPPING BOX

More holiday shipping/shopping boxes have been arriving from various vendors, more even from the infamous Amazon.  A box arrives that looks like it might be holding a tent or something large and cumbersome.  I start thinking: What did I order that requires so large a box?  I could seriously stuff a body into it.

Turns out it's a Russian box.  Well, it's actually a box from China inside a box from the United States, but it could be a Russian box because inside the big box is a smaller box, packed just like Russian Matryoshka dolls.  

In addition to the box from China, there is one more small item inside the box, a second box inside the box.  Even with this second box next to the first box that's inside of a huge box, the shipping box is much larger than necessary. 

I debate keeping the box.  I have started collecting boxes in case I decide to move at some point.  I could be on that show Hoarders except that I hoard empty boxes.  This big box is bulky, though, not the kind of box that lends itself to moving.

Not to mention that I do keep going to the dark place (see paragraph #1) ... I seriously could stuff a body (probably in parts) into this box.  The fact that I even know this and continue to dwell on it indicates that I should probably disassemble the box and get it prepped for the recycle rotation on Tuesday.

It's not all death and destruction, though.  I mean, presents do arrive in that box, Matryoshka-style or not.  (Just in case you forgot, though, I really, truly, and with very little blood loss could fit a body into this large shipping box.  I'm just saying.)