Wednesday, December 12, 2018

DELI CHEESE OVERLOAD

I have to get my grocery shopping under control.

Even though I make a list, I still manage to screw stuff up.  I miss items, I fail to write things down, and I am forever forgetting important items, like toilet paper.  No, I haven't run out of that yet, but I've come dangerously close a few too many times.

Unfortunately the same curse that causes me to forget things also works in reverse.  Take cheese, for example.  I'll buy deli cheese, then go to the store a few days later, see the deli cheese, and mistakenly believe that I don't have any deli cheese at home and I'll buy more deli cheese. 

This cheese thing seems to have extended itself to my son, who came home the other day after hitting the store for some munchies that he likes.  In his bag was a pound of ... yup ... deli cheese.  Currently there is enough cheese in my refrigerator to make sandwiches for an elementary school full of hungry children.

Meanwhile, I need milk and foil and Italian dressing (which I have forgotten probably a dozen times now) and, yes, toilet paper.  I wonder if I can barter deli cheese for any of those items?  Until then, looks like grilled cheese for dinner ... today, tomorrow, next week...