Tuesday, December 11, 2018

CADDYSHACK STOVE

My new stove still has not been approved nor inspected by the gas company.  This, of course, will not stop me from using the stove.  After six weeks of waiting, I'm growing a little tired of the lack of follow-through.  If I blow up, sue the crap out of them for me.

In the meantime, I'm discovering all kinds of interesting things about the oven.  For example, it hisses then pops every time the temperature needs to go up.  (This is relatively normal for a gas stove.  Relatively.)  Also, the front two burners, even on the lowest settings, can fry an egg in no time.

My favorite feature by far, though, has to be the sound the oven makes when it reaches a pre-set temperature.  Usually when an oven reaches the set temperature, perhaps 350 degrees, it beeps to let the cook know it's up to temp and time to bake (or broil or whatever).

Not this stove.  This stove makes music.  Not just any music; Caddyshack music.

When the temperature notification goes off, it sounds just like the horn from Al Czervik's car.  You know the car (and the character, played by Rodney Dangerfield) -- it's the big red one that has the musical horn. 

I'm still not used to it yet, and I jump every time it plays its little ditty.   Perhaps if the gas company would inspect my stove, I'd use it more and get used to the musical temperature notification.  In the meantime, I'll just yell, "Oh, I broke my arm!" with every chime it plays, followed by an impromptu gopher dance to "I'm Alright."

In case you missed it (ignore the random political incorrectness of the scene -- for those easily offended, that's the entire point):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171FURqSIQc