Wednesday, May 23, 2018

ALL ABOUT THE CUPCAKES

There is a superpower associated with surprise desserts.

Truly.

Imagine having a crappy day, or even a semi-crappy day, or maybe you're not having a crappy a day at all, but you walk into the lunchroom at work to see a three-tier bakery display rack filled with homemade cupcakes.

Truly.

The cupcakes are for two employees: one who has been accepted at a prestigious writers' conference and one who earned a Master's degree.  Now, I am neither honoree, but I am a lunch-eater, and I do sit at the table where the cupcakes are, so I think that means that I get to eat one, you know, purely by proxy.  And this is wonderful news because I am having a rather poopy day, and these cupcakes make me very, very happy.

The cupcakes are chocolate (very fluffy and light) covered with purple buttercream frosting.  The sight of them alone makes my day instantly better.  I double (maybe even triple or quadruple) that fabulous feeling by shoving my salad aside and digging right into a cupcake as my main course.

Lunch is only twenty minutes long, so I don't really eat much of my salad, but I do eat that entire cupcake in no time flat.  I'm not going to lie: I FEEL WONDERFUL!

Truly.

Surprise desserts really do have the superpower to make a day infinitely better.  Thank you, cupcakes, and thank you, cupcake baker!  I vote you the next Marvel superhero for saving not just lunch but for saving the whole damn day.