Wednesday, September 27, 2017

THE TOE(S) KNOWS

As if my week hasn't started off shakily enough, I decide to leave work on time and maybe get some stuff done at home, for a change.  A smart idea, right?

First, I stop at the store for a few items we need: milk, dinner, etc.  I have to take the long way there because of traffic, and still, I get stuck behind more traffic.  Great.  A quick drive turns into a scenic tortoise pace.

Then, I get home to start laundry, and I only have a load and a half.  I decide to wash the jumper that I'm wearing, since there is room.  When I pull it off over my head, it takes the shirt I am wearing along with it.  No, I need that shirt.  I put the shirt back on, but I somehow have the darn thing partially inside out, so I have one arm through the arm hole that is inside out while the rest of the shirt is outside out.

I get that straightened up, but now I need shorts because I can't run around in underwear.  Well, I CAN; it's my house.  I head over to the new location of my shorts (since I rearranged everything this summer), and I misjudge the rowing machine I have in my room. 

Not only do I catch my pinky toe, I snap it back to a ninety degree angle.  I hear it and feel it crunch, but, when I finally can breathe enough to look down, it is back where it belongs.  Throbbing, reddish, and screaming, but definitely back in its original position.  Basically, anyway.  When the initial throbbing settles to a dull ache, I haul the machine into the spare room and dump it in the middle of the floor.

Oh, well.  It has been a bit of a half-assed week, anyway; might as well pile it on.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring!  Maybe an earthquake.  Tsunami.  Satellite through the car windshield.  I may not be ready, but I sure as hell won't be surprised.