Monday, September 25, 2017

FOOTBALL RECOVERY TIME

Recovery mode continues.

The bug itself is clearly gone -- fast, furious, and fleeting.  The upside is that I am quickly over the sickly part of being .... well .... sick.  However, I've been over-extending myself for the last three weeks, and all it takes to knock me completely down is twelve hours of bleeeeeeech.  The downside is that my body thinks it's on an energy vacation.

Today is a perfect beach day.  PERFECT. I have been salivating about today for a week, knowing that I will get in one more for-real, summer-like ocean adventure.  I set my alarm for 8:00 a.m., which gives me time to grab my gear, get on the road, and be on the shore by 9:30.  That means three hours at the beach before I rush home for Sunday sports on television.

Except that when I wake up at 7:00 a.m., I clearly will not be rallying for a walk on the beach.  There's no way I want to sit in the hot sun and melt.  I don't have the energy for any of it.  I shut off the alarm and sleep for another hour and a half.  Well, my beach morning may be off, but my football afternoon doesn't rely on me expending any energy whatsoever.

Looks like today's big non-beach adventure is a trip to the supermarket for food, crackers, croissants, and ginger ale.  I may be in recovery mode body-wise, but my mind is all about football today.  Nothing brings on a better rally than sports, so if anyone is looking for me, I promise that I am relaxing in the big comfy chair with all the necessary food groups except the beer.  Ginger ale will have to suffice.