Saturday, September 23, 2017

DEAR BLOG

Dear Blog:

I am sick today.  Last night, too. 

I thought it was from the PTO breakfast, but then I realized that I felt out-of-sorts all day yesterday.  It hit me full force after having a late lunch and a couple of beers with friends.  No, it wasn't the beer.  Sorry to my mates who went out yesterday, but I have the full-on stomach flu.

Blame me if and when you get sick.  I'm sorry. 

I should've known.  I felt weird all day.  ALL DAY.  I even told several people, "I don't know what's wrong with me.  I feel out-of-sorts."  And that's exactly it.  Not myself.  Thought I was tired or just maybe in a bad mood about something at work.  Couldn't peg it.

Nope.  Just hugging the bucket.  Oh, kids.  Oh, adolescents and the things they bring to school with them.  Oh, germs!

Now that the dawn has broken, I can at least sit up, but I'm not going anywhere today.  Two grand wine tastings, even.  Dang.  Right now, I am scared to even sip water, though I know I must replace fluids.

Anyway, I am semi-sitting and have managed to change clothes and put on deodorant.  I even brushed my squirrel's nest of a hair-do.  This is progress.  Again, sorry to my mates.  Blame me.