Friday, September 15, 2017

MONSTER MISTAKE TRAIL MIX

(Picture ... NOT see-through)
I should know better. 

I've fallen for this trick before at Market Basket and at CVS.  Now, I allow Stop 'N' Shop to dupe me.  I. Should. Know. Better.  Shame on me.

There is only ONE Monster Trail Mix.  ONE.  And it's only sold at Target. 

Sure, sometimes when I'm jonesing for Monster Trail Mix, I will simply buy the best, sweetest trail mix I can find, but none (other that Target) dares to call itself Monster Trail Mix.  Imagine my extreme joy and ultimate shock when I am in line at the register and see a packet of Monster Trail Mix at Stop 'N' Shop.

I immediately start thinking, "Is Monster Trail Mix a generic term?  Nah.  Wait.  Is it?  Nah.  But, then again..."  I look at the picture on the small packet; it sure looks like the real deal.  What the hell; it's only ninety-nine cents.  Why not, right?

(Again ... picture, NOT see-through)
Why not, indeed.

When I get the packet home and open it, I am greeted with almonds (not in real Monster Trail Mix) and raisins the size of my thumb.  It sure looks like someone stuck figs in here instead of raisins, and there's no way in hell that I am attempting to eat that shit in case they really are figs, or worse, prunes.

Halfway through the small packet I realize that I have not yet come across the miniature chocolate chips nor the miniature peanut butter chips that are in Monster Trail Mix and that are pictured on the packaging of this imposter.  By the way, two M&Ms do not constitute actually adding M&Ms, in my humble opinion.

Note to self:  Monster Trail Mix (in small packets, in bags, in plastic tubs) is ONLY available at Target.  All other imitators will go directly into the trash after opening.