Thursday, September 21, 2017

PART OF ME IS READY

Part of me is ready for fall.

I know, I know.  I'll bitch and moan and complain when I'm cold and when my skin itches from the dry air.  I'll talk about how my growing-out hair is constantly electrified and that I give myself shocks everywhere I go.  And the snow.  Man, oh man, will I ever bitch about the snow. 

But, I am a little tired of this sweating thing.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm still having hot flashes (thanks, youthful constitution), so part of the whole sweating thing will never go away, apparently.  I am ready, though, so very, very ready for that fabulous sleeping weather of autumn.

Of course, I am also very excited that it looks like beach weather for at least part of the weekend.

Okay, so maybe I'm not totally ready for fall.  To be fair, I did say that at the outset.  The same part of me that loves the beach is also the part of me that loves  cool, leafless walks through the woods.  I'm a conundrum ... a sweaty, uncomfortable conundrum.  Only part of me, though.