Friday, June 12, 2015

RED ROSE DAY



Friday is Red Rose Day.  I know this because I write it on my board before leaving school on Thursday.  Then I head to the grocery store.

At the store, they’re having a sale on a dozen roses ($6) because apparently graduation season is winding down, and now the store is stuck with a glut of flowers.  Sure, they’re not the best roses, but they’re not bad, either, especially for $6.

So, I buy myself a dozen.  Red ones.  I like roses, and  like them in all colors, but my favorite ones are red or white, probably white more than red, but they don’t have white ones, so I buy myself a dozen blood-red roses.

I get them all cut down, arranged in water, add the special flower crystals, and … voila … instant happiness, which is muchly needed after the super-sucky day I’ve had at work.  Mega sucky.  Suck the suckiest sucko of suck-all days.

It’s Red Rose Day.  Get some for a friend or a spouse or a sibling or yourself.  You never know; it just might change the world.

Even if it doesn’t, the color and smell will improve, and sometimes that’s all anyone needs.