Monday, October 15, 2018

WONDROUS BISCOTTI

I have been having a not-so-great few weeks.  Oh, sure; I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking, "When do you EVER have a great week?"  Well, that is somewhat true, but I seem to be having a run of ... not necessarily bad luck, per se ... more like annoying luck.  I've been having what amounts to pebble-in-my-shoe luck.

My luck seems to be changing, though.  I thank the Wondrous Biscotti.

The Wondrous Biscotti is made by a friend and former classmate, and she brings it to a dinner meeting that we and several other former classmates are having.  She packages the Wondrous Biscotti into baggies and distributes it to us innocently enough.  She doesn't seem to realize that she is bestowing upon us something akin to the powers of Excalibur.

(I pieced it together for the picture.  Last bites!!!!)
I kid you not; this biscotti is freakin' amazing.

Now, I'm not saying that my luck changes because I start eating the Wondrous Biscotti; but, I have to admit, after weeks and weeks of crappiness, all of a sudden things are starting to look up.  Work is tolerable again, I don't need to have surgery, my gas service is on its way to being restored, and the trash collectors finally serviced my street after two weeks.

I mean, all of these things don't just happen like this -- there has to be some kind of Higher Power operating here and it seems way too coincidental to me that all of these things start falling into place right after the Wondrous Biscotti arrives.

I won't lie: I feel a little guilty taking home my baggie of Wondrous Biscotti when the Italian waiter at our dinner meeting realizes what we have and that he isn't getting any of it.  A little guilty.  Not guilty enough to share.  Hey, the biscotti may have the powers of Excalibur, but this is no Round Table, and I'm no chivalrous knight.  This Wondrous Biscotti is my Holy Grail, and if the waiter wants any biscotti, let him go fight his own rabbit.