Sunday, October 28, 2018

LIFE COULD BE WORSE

I pick a crappy day to run errands.

There's a nor'easter raging: wind, rain, gusts that knock out some power lines, chill in the air, and still no heat inside my home.  Small blessing that this storm is rain in my part of the state and not snow like just west of here.  I spend the morning inside working on school stuff that needs to be done, but, once the afternoon hits, I know I have to head out.

In the middle of my errands, I decide that I deserve something to warm my bones.  I could get tea or hot chocolate, but instead I steer toward Boston Chowder.  Usually I get the corn chowder when I'm here, which is probably several times a year.  Today, however, is not a chowder kind of day.  I mean, it is ... but it isn't

Today is a chicken soup kind of day.

While waiting for the chicken vegetable soup order to come out, I notice that I'm not the only one in a soup/chowder mood, and there isn't a booth to be had.  That's okay.  There's a small counter with three chairs right in the front window facing out to the patio and the street.  Obviously no one is eating on the patio since it's so crappy out.

Okay, so maybe I have an afternoon full of errands after spending a morning working on school stuff.  I enjoy a wonderful, hot cup of soup while staring out into a watercolor world.  Life certainly could be worse.