Wednesday, October 10, 2018

CHOCOLATE CHIPS OR POSSIBLY WINE

Dear People without Ovens (including gas-less gas customers and my friend who is about to have her kitchen demo-ed):

You will be pleased to know that cookies really can be made successfully in a toaster oven.  Oh, it takes a long, long time to make an entire batch, but there's a way around it.  If you get the pre-made packages (or make some and freeze it in small dough balls), you can easilly make six small cookies in under fifteen minutes, a dozen in less than a half hour.

Why am I telling you this fabulous secret?

Because some of us need chocolate or we will be tempted to wipe out entire counties, maybe even entire regions.  Being without chocolate and being without cookies is a crime worse than ... oh, I don't know ... maybe worse than ring around the collar ... but still.  Homemade cookies are the anti-depressants of the food world.  Survival of entire nations could well depend on homemade cookies.

So, just an FYI to my oven-less pals and to my good friend who is about to voluntarily (insanity!!!!) give up her kitchen for weeks: Get yourself a toaster oven and make yourself some cookies.  I'm telling you, it will change your world.

Or it could be the wine I'm sipping with the cookies.  I'm not entirely certain, but I'm willing to bet on the chocolate chips at this point.