Friday, October 26, 2018

I'D SHUT THE EFF UP IF I WERE COLUMBIA GAS

Sunday = Columbia Gas workers show up with NO warning at 8:00 a.m.  They are in and out all day; claim they need sheet metal guy to cut furnace out of basement. They also claim everything is illegally vented and pipes are too small due to new building codes.

Monday = Columbia Gas workers leave my front door WIDE OPEN for hours.  Not only can anyone get in, but so can squirrels and COLD AIR.  Motherfuckers.

Tuesday - Thursday = Columbia Gas workers leave my house unlocked while coming in and out and doing very little... if anything ... except tracking shit through my house.  They also leave pipes in my driveway.  I run over pipes and almost damage undercarriage (pipes are at angles in dark) of my car coming home after a late meeting.

Thursday = Columbia Gas decides that my tiny front lawn is where they will put the meters (wait until they figure out that's where all the driveway snow gets dumped). They also claim that they are not going to put pipes back into the walls; they are just going to run new pipes outside of the walls.  Oh, and there will be pipes running outside along the house. And the two meters in my basement have been cut out and dumped on the floor along with a bunch of other junk.  In case anyone cares, they disconnect my fire alarm and break a light fixture.  And ... they get into a fight with my landlord, call the cops, then pack up their tools, leave their shit behind, and tell my landlord to go eff himself and good luck getting someone to finish the work.

Thursday night = I call Columbia Gas, send them 21 photos of this shit show of a mess, and start raving about how THIS ALL FUCKING SUCKS.  I submit more receipts that I wasn't going to submit because FUCK YOU, COLUMBIA GAS.  You can't just QUIT, you dumb fucks.  You HAVE to fix this mess. You CAUSED this mess.

It's okay.  I'm calmer now.  My landlady called anyone and everyone who will listen, including some very highly connected state officials.

Hey, Columbia Gas, guess what happens when you screw with a bunch of short-tempered, pissed off, extremely cold New Englanders?  Ever hear of Concord and the Shot Heard Round the World?

Dudes, I'd shut the eff up and get the job done right, if I were you.  I'm just saying.