Tuesday, October 9, 2018

MY HEAD IS LIKE THE GAS LINE

I am prepping to write the blog today, and I am trying not to write about the gas company yet again.  Today it is so amazingly quiet because no one is working in my neighborhood.  Oh, it's not done; not by a long shot.  However, apparently today my street gets the day off.  Or so it seems.

Just when I think it's all safe and wonderful and that life might be getting back toward normalcy, I hear the news: "Gas over-pressurization event affects 300 homes in Woburn..."  Woburn is two towns away from my town, and the gas company responsible for their debacle is not the same gas company responsible for mine.  Which begs the question:

What the hell are you people doing out there, anyway?!

Un-freaking-believable.  No, seriously.  I cannot even begin to comprehend that this is happening again.  And the company (not my gas company) is telling people it's okay and not to worry. 

No.  No, it is NOT okay, and you all SHOULD be worried.  This is straight bullshit.  You cannot blow high-pressure gas through low-pressure lines and through low-pressure household appliances and expect that "everything's going to be all right." 

That's not how any of this works.

I don't know what the hell is going on up here in the Northeast, but I can tell you this: Nobody knows what the hell they're doing, apparently.

Oh, and if that's not bad enough, the gas workers finally show up in my neighborhood at 4:45 p.m. to start work outside my driveway again.  I suppose I should be thankful for a quiet day, but I'd much prefer a quiet night, thank you very much, which I guess I won't be getting after all.

We are quite literally under pressure up here, folks, so I apologize for the constant gas-related posts, but if I don't release some of this pressure, my head is going to be just like those gas lines and it's going to start smoking and sparking from frustration.