Sunday, July 2, 2017

FANNY PACKS AND SUPERHEROES

A few of the people with whom I work are into two things:  fanny packs and superheroes. 

I have to run a few errands to the mall.  I walk along, minding my own business, when I come upon a jewelry store with a huge sale.  Why not, I figure.  Maybe I'll come across something Americana themed for July fourth.  I stroll to the back and find an entire display of fanny packs.  I don't buy any, but I send a picture to the Fanny Pack Patrol.  They are appreciative.

I walk the entire downstairs of the mall before I start upstairs.  The first thing I notice is that Sears will be lucky to stay open another week.  They have a few racks of clothes and an entirely darkened appliance display section.  The second thing I notice is that FYE has been replaced by Newbury Comics.  In the window of Newbury Comics is a mannequin dressed in Wonder Woman clothes.  I snap another picture and send it along, then I pop into the store.

I have to go deep in the place, working my way around Harry Potter displays and Star Wars displays.  Finally, I see it; an entire display section of Superheroes.  Good lord, I've hit the motherlode of Superheroes here.  I snap some more pictures and, after being overwhelmed as to whether I am more Batman than Wonder Woman, I leave the store without buying anything.

I'm not much of a shopper.  In fact, I hate shopping.  To me shopping is torture.  But, I am a bit of an amateur photographer, and I take great pleasure in knowing I've shared with my coworkers.  After all, fanny packs are making a comeback, and Superheroes never go out of style.