Tuesday, November 8, 2016

THANK GOD IT'S ALMOST OVER

Thank God it's almost over.
I will be able to watch the news again perhaps in a week or two.
Earth will resume spinning on its own axis.
Birds will sing again.
I might even be able to quit drinking.
This is it.
The last morning.
The last time I'll have to hear or see political ads for a few years.
The last time I'll get robo-politicalls for a while.
My mailbox won't be stuffed full of useless postcards.
I won't answer a political survey in the near future.
I can speak to my friends again.
I don't have to constantly remind myself how dumb people can be.
Dumb.
Yes, dumb.
All sides believing absolute bullshit.
Spewing absolute bullshit.
Filling social media with bullshit.
Although, some of it has been wildly entertaining.
Disheartening and aggravating and frustrating.
Massively entertaining.
Johnson's fake heart attack -- probably my favorite moment.
Clinton with n-word-spewing, woman-hating rap stars probably the most disturbing.
Trump's hair probably the scariest yet most mesmerizing -- like a train wreck.
Soon.
Soon it.
Soon it will.
Soon it will be.
Over.
All over.
Thank God.