Tuesday, November 15, 2016

SUPER MOON

I would be remiss in my duty as a blogger if I did not post about the Super Moon.  I also need to be truthful: I think it's super-cool.

When the moon rises, I call my youngest to the window to see it.  It's bright, remarkably so, and looks amazing through the late autumn stark tree branches.  Taking a picture now would be futile.  There's no way I can get my Android phone to capture the night scene.

In the morning, just before daybreak, I hustle downstairs and look out the front window.  With dawn light making the backdrop a better palette, I try to snap some pictures.  I don't have time to hunt up my digital camera and figure out how to set it up.  Apparently, I am getting very lazy in my older age.  Besides, my cell phone is handy and fully charged.

Obviously, my pictures suck, but the real moon (the actual real-time view out the window) is fascinatingly gorgeous hanging in the sky just minutes before it disappears. If you didn't see it yet, it's not too late to catch a waning glimpse.