Monday, November 21, 2016

SHOWERING SPIDERS OUT OF MY HAIR

Today I have a zillion things to do.  Thanksgiving is coming, and my house is messy, disorganized, and I haven't even made my shopping list yet.

So, what do I spend all day doing?  I clean out the basement.

Yup, I decide that today is the day, and I'm determined to get old boxes emptied and broken down for this week's recycling, and I desperately need to see what's left to go out for the junk collectors, whom I still have yet to call.  Plus, the two kayaks need to be broken down and put under the stairs until spring.

It's an arduous process, especially since my house is 180 or so years old and the foundation is stone, which means the edges of the floor need constant sweeping and attention.  It's like the concrete dustbowl down there.

All in all, in addition to my basement project, I get two loads of laundry done, watch some of the Patriots' game, and iron clothes, but I still have a long list of things that do not get accomplished.  The worst of it all is that after five hours, there's still a bunch of stuff to go through -- I get all the trash out, but now I have to sort and file what's left down there.

Oh, well.  The cobwebs and I have a lovely day together, though I need to throw out my socks (because I don't bother putting on sneakers) when it's all said and done.  I think I'll leave the rest of it until after Thanksgiving.  Now, if you don't mind, I have several items to drag to the curb, about fifty pounds of cardboard to recycle, and something like ten bags of trash to haul out, then I'm going to shower the spiders out of my hair.