Friday, July 1, 2016

NO LONGER PUZZLED



Folks, the puzzle is done.  DONE.  I was actually on a roll Wednesday evening and finished the whole 550-piece mess at 1:24 a.m. Thursday morning.

I almost gave up several times.  The first time was when I faced all the white cloud pieces.  The second time was when I faced all of the green ground pieces.  Finally, when I got to some of the middle, I actually sorted the pieces by shape and just kept trying them over and over again.  Yeah, no science or talent here, people: it either fits or it doesn't.  End of discussion.

Then at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, I said, "I'll work until 11."  Eleven o'clock became eleven-thirty which became midnight, and, before I had a chance to stop myself, it was after one o'clock.  I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I kept plugging away.

I know the puzzle has to be broken down and go back in the box, but I'm not ready yet, so, for the time being, the finished product is displayed in the living room, hogging up pretty much the entire coffee table.  Too bad!  So sad!  A couple of days to view my handicraft.  And then .. and then ...



And then I'm sticking to 300-piece puzzles or less.   (PS: I tried three times to flip image.  Deal with it.)  :)