Wednesday, July 6, 2016

KAYAK RELOCATION

The kayaks have been relocated; I repeat: The kayaks no longer reside beneath the stairs to the basement.

Today is one of those New England days you hear about and read about, the kind of day that gives us the stereotypical labels that has some basis in truth. The weather - overcast in the early morning, rain in the late morning, sun at noon, overcast again by 3:00, then very nice with lots of blue skies to finish up the day.  Almost all weather in a day.

Once the kayaks are up from the basement, though, I've nowhere to put them.  I get a brilliant idea; I'm going to bring the kayaks with me on my mid-week mini-trip north.  If I use them, wonderful.  If I don't use them, wonderful.  At least they're somewhere safe and accessible.

This means, however, that I cannot go grocery shopping nor carry more than one passenger because the two kayaks (four halves, to be completely correct) take up the entire inside of the car except for the front seats!

But, wait.  If I have the kayaks with me, it makes it look like I am perpetually going somewhere, as if I have a life.  I can stop if I see a decent launching spot, kayak, and slide everything back into the car without anyone being the wiser (which I have done before ... a few times ... no big surprise there).

Either way, the kayaks have been relocated.  (Insert smiley face here)