Tuesday, February 9, 2016

SNOW DAYS POEM

Since there's no school and I'm here at home,
I figured it must be time for a poem.
Monday the shoveling of snow really bit;
Friday the snow was heavy as shit
It would've been nice to catch up on work,
But, because the weather is being a jerk,
I did not plan well enough, no plan in kind --
So all the correcting?  Forgotten behind.
I dabbled with housework and tried for a book,
Instead I got bored and decided to cook:
Pumpkin bread, chicken pie, and a beef stew,
More than enough for my household of two.
But now it's all over, back to work I go.
Thanks for the break, and thanks for the snow.
If people don't like snow, please tell me clear:
Just what exactly are they still doing here?
This is New England; Snow's what we do.
Good-bye, my Snow Days, I'll be missing you.