Monday, February 22, 2016

GIVING UP HOPE AND CLOTHING FOR LENT

A long time has passed since I actually paid attention the Lent.  To be honest, I've always been a miserable Lent failure.  Raised by an atheist and an agnostic, I jumped on the religion bandwagon late in the game, so I don't have that whole inherent guilt thing going on.

Lent is just something I tend to forget about.

This year on Facebook someone posts that a good thing to do is to donate forty clothing items, one for each day of Lent.  This sounds like a win-win for me as I have lots of clothing that doesn't fit me anymore, and no amount of dieting or exercise is ever going to make this stuff fit.  Quite frankly, my boobs and hips just aren't what nor where they used to be.

I spend hours going through stuff, trying stuff on, strutting in front of the mirror to see how (rarely) good I look, but mostly how ridiculous I look.  One dress makes me look like a black stretchy bag of potatoes.  A lot of this stuff still has tags on it, which makes me sad and pissed off all at the same time.  I could take a vacation with all the money I spent on clothes I'll never wear.

Oh, well.  It's all over but the crying.  I not only fill five grocery bags with clothing, I immediately go and drop it in the clothing bin that is, coincidentally, located behind the church where I first decided to partake in Lent.  What goes around, comes around, I suppose.  I certainly hope my purging goes to a good cause.