Sunday, December 1, 2013

WHY I HAVE A GIANT L ON MY FOREHEAD

I spend all day Saturday reading a book.  No, not a fun book; an academic book for my final project in the class I'm taking.  I am three pages from the end and just can't stomach it any longer.  The book is fine.  As a matter of fact, the whole text will probably become my main thesis for the paper.  It's relatively interesting considering it's all about literary theory.

Yup, and that's why I can't stomach it any longer. Plus, my lower back is killing me.  No matter what chair or couch I choose, it's not the same as lounging outside in the sun with a book and a highlighter (if needed) and a mixed drink (needed).

So I stop reading.  Just like that.  With three pages to go.  My brain shuts down, my back shuts down, and my eyes are shutting down -- even with my glasses I'm having a hard time with the text.

Worst of all, Saturday is gone, just like that.  Done.  Can't get it back. I know, I know.  My choice.  Shut up about it, I know already.  But it is kind of funny and sad and pathetic and honorable all at the same time.  Now if I could just get the paper done.

Remind me I still have three pages left to go; otherwise this will be a hollow victory.